Wednesday 7 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Under the Never Sky

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My selection for this week is:


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Publication Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins



Summary from Goodreads:
Aria is a teenager in the enclosed city of Reverie. Like all Dwellers, she spends her time with friends in virtual environments, called Realms, accessed through an eyepiece called a Smarteye. Aria enjoys the Realms and the easy life in Reverie. When she is forced out of the pod for a crime she did not commit, she believes her death is imminent. The outside world is known as The Death Shop, with danger in every direction.

As an Outsider, Perry has always known hunger, vicious predators, and violent energy storms from the swirling electrified atmosphere called the Aether. A bit of an outcast even among his hunting tribe, Perry withstands these daily tests with his exceptional abilities, as he is gifted with powerful senses that enable him to scent danger, food and even human emotions.

They come together reluctantly, for Aria must depend on Perry, whom she considers a barbarian, to help her get back to Reverie, while Perry needs Aria to help unravel the mystery of his beloved nephew’s abduction by the Dwellers. Together they embark on a journey challenged as much by their prejudices as by encounters with cannibals and wolves. But to their surprise, Aria and Perry forge an unlikely love - one that will forever change the fate of all who live UNDER THE NEVER SKY.

What I think:
Under the Never Sky sounds like the book for me!I just can't resist an exciting dystopian novel. And this one sounds really promising. The early reviews about it are all good, which is always a plus!
And the fact that the two main heroes seem to come from totally different backgrounds make me want to pick up this title as soon as possible!





8 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm dying for this one too! Such a gorgeous cover! New follower

    Visit my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read this one a few weeks back it's pretty neat!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about Under the Never Sky. I can't wait for it. This dystopian is right up my alley. =] I requestied a NetGalley of it and unfortunately I was denied. Can't wait to read it. I am a New Follower. =]
    Here is My WoW =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one also! I also love Dystopians! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the next book on my TBR. I can't wait to read it this weekend! Great pick!

    My WoW

    My Giveaway- Signed HC of Anna and the French Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't resist a gripping dystopian either! Especially after reading one of my blogging pal's reviews a few days ago... Jeez, I'm THIS much more excited for it!

    Have a spectacular reading week, Anna!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you think of it. I've been hearing good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aria has been raised her whole life to believe Outsiders are savages, and Perry, with his mutative ability, and cold, rude, and eerie animal ways, Aria has no doubt what she¿s been taught is true. But on this journey together to save their love ones. They are going find who the real savages are and the love that will change them and the world they live in forever.

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails