Wednesday 5 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Half Blood

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My selection for this week is:


Half-Blood (Covenant,#1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: October 18th 2011
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press



Summary from Goodreads:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

What I think:
It's the first time I do a WoW about a book I have already read for quite some time now (thanks to the amazing people over at Spencer Hill Press) but I just couldn't resist to say how much I eagerly expect to get a finished copy of Half-Blood in my hands!It's one of the best books I read this year that noone should miss and a series that will become favorite to many.Believe me!  

 

6 comments:

  1. A healthy dose of mythology and demon killing I am definitely there. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be reading this next and I can't wait! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to this one! I've heard many great reviews. Hope you like it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you won! Book is on its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Savannah!Now you know how much you made my day then with your email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked this book a couple weeks ago! I'm really excited to read it :) Great pick!

    new follower

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails