Monday 21 November 2011

EARLY REVIEW: Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy,#2) by Jennifer Estep


Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Publication Date: November 29th 2011
Publisher: Kensington
Paperback, 368 pages

Buy via Book Depository



Logan Quinn was try­ing to kill me. My Spar­tan class­mate relent­lessly pur­sued me, swing­ing his sword at me over and over again, the shin­ing sil­ver blade inch­ing closer to my throat every time. A smile tugged up his lips, and his ice-blue eyes prac­ti­cally glowed with the thrill of battle...


I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Acad­emy, and I have no idea how I’m going to sur­vive the rest of the semes­ter. One day, I’m get­ting schooled in sword­play by the guy who broke my heart — the drop-dead gor­geous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invis­i­ble archer in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties decides to use me for tar­get prac­tice. And now, I find out that some­one at the acad­emy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword — with Logan’s help — I just might die by the sword …

If it's even possible,I enjoyed reading Kiss of Frost even more so than Touch of Frost!And believe me when I'm saying that Touch of Frost was among the few new YA paranormal titles I loved this year!

Kiss of Frost picks up a few weeks after the ending of the first book and continues the story of Gwen,her adjusting as Nike's champion, her copying with her unrequited love towards Logan and her life in general at Mythos.
This book has everything a good paranormal title, whether it is adult or YA, should have.Lot's and lot's of action and well delivered action scenes,enough mystery to not let you put the book down and the right amount of romance to just serve as the topping of a cake!Kiss of Frost has everything above plus well developed and believable characters,enough twists to keep you going (as it was even possible to stop reading this book,even without the twists...) and the revelation of some major things that makes the waiting for the next book to get published plainly unbearable!

Once more,I found myself struggling to not read this book in one sitting,sadly failing all my attempts...My mind was constantly on Gwen and her adventures!In this book,new characters are introduced,some of them good,some of them bad and the revelations towards the end are just excruciating...!That only makes me believe,that in the book (or hopefully books) to come we have to see many great things from Gwen!
On the other hand,the romantic subplot of the story just made me all fuzzy inside...!I know it may sound a bit goofy,but it did!I love the even pace of the romantic relationship between Gwen and Logan and in case I haven't said it enough times already,I can't wait for the next book to get published!

All in all,Jennifer Estep,once more manages to deliver a uniquely built story,in an intricate and well built universe,that holds the interest of the reader until the very last word of the book!To anyone who has yet to read the first book of the series,I strongly recommend to do so!Believe me you won't regret it!



* Thanks to Jennifer Estep for providing me with a copy of this title.


4 comments:

  1. I really need to get Touch of Frost and reading your review of the second book makes me want to run right out and buy both. I really enjoy action packed paranormal and with such of fuzzy feeling romance this is a series for me. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review waiting on my gifted pre order
    loved touch of frost[won a arc]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading this book soon. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, squee! I'm so excited for this book! I'm so SO looking forward to Gwen/Logan progression. The two are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails