Wednesday 6 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Starcrossed

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My selection for this week is:

Starcrossed (Starcrossed,#1) by Josephine Angelini


Publication Date: May 31st 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen


Pre-Order via Book Depository

Summary from Goodreads:
How do you defy destiny?
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.


What i think:  
What first caught my interest with Starcrossed is that gorgeous cover.I have to be honest...I find myself many times drawn to a beautiful cover at first,and that's what makes me check the premise.I'm a sucker for beautiful covers!
But Starcrossed has a really interesting premise as well!After all,what good does you a beautiful cover if you're not interested in the story itself?And this books seems to have a good mix of everything in it!Plus,there's a Greek myth involved in this book as well!That fact always catches my interest!

5 comments:

  1. Love the cover on this one! I can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one and it's amazing! Hope you'll enjoy it! =]

    That's What Liz Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one as well! I hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an ARC of this in the mail and I'm so excited to start it! Great pick for your WoW!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stuff with secret ancestry and the like. And the cover is just beautiful isn't it? Great choice.
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails