Saturday 14 August 2010

READING:Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Publication Date: December 23rd 2008
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Paperback, 360 pages

Buy via Book Depository





When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.


OMG!!!!There are not many things i can say about Perfect Chemistry except that i enjoyed every single page in this book!I can't remember when was the last time i got so engrossed in a book that i lost track of time.Surely i've read other amazing books but nothing like it!

I loved Elkeles's characters.Not only Brittany and Alex but Shelley,Paco,Isabel,all the characters in this book felt like being right!I liked Brittany for how she handled her problems and even when imprisoned in her very own image she didn't stop to amaze me.I loved Alex for the way he cared about the people he loved,even if he claimed that he didn't care about anyone else but himself.

I really can go on and on with all the things i like,but the truth is that there wasn't anything that i didn't like about this book.I don't know if it had any flaws,and to be honest i don't care... I was so enjoying myself that any flaws,if there were,went unnoticed.

I wanna thank my friend Giota who recommended this book to me and insisted i read it,and once more,her recommendation was amazing and now i'm only eager to read anything else by Simone Elkeles and certainly the next book in the series Rules of Attraction!




2 comments:

  1. Same here! I loved it - I have Rules but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't Rules (i'm waiting for the paperback edition) and i'm dying now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails