Thursday 17 November 2011

EARLY REVIEW: Unscripted by Natalie Aaron, Marla Schwartz


Unscripted by Natalie Aaron, Marla Schwartz

Publication Date: November 28th 2011
Publisher: Carina Press
Kindle Edition



As a producer on a reality dating show, Abby Edwards knows that true love is a myth. Her career and her friends are all she needs. Right?


When her screenwriter ex makes a hit movie based on their relationship, Abby's faults are projected on screens across the country. Suddenly the fact that her job depends on orchestrating hot tub hook-ups doesn't seem so impressive.


Her friends rally to help. Zoë thinks she needs to meet a guy. Stephanie suggests an attitude adjustment. Nancy wants her to get in touch with her inner Goddess. Abby knows they mean well, but she prefers to focus on her work. Unfortunately, she's already embarrassed herself in front of her new boss, Will Harper, who she would find totally crush-worthy if he weren't so irritating.


Abby's about to be reminded that life doesn't follow a script—and good things happen when you least expect it...

Unscripted is a really sweet,really fun romance title,that if it weren't that detailed in some parts,it could have easily ranked among my favorite contemporary romance titles!

The authors have done an amazing job creating the characters in this book!And I don't only mean the main protagonists,but the secondary ones as well!Abby is a down to earth,maybe even average woman,you can totally relate to as a reader and love her for all her insecurities and sweetness!I just loved Abby and could see in her parts of myself or parts of girls I know.A really likeable character.
Around Abby is woven a really intricate,and really detailed story about getting what you want from life and copying with daily problems!

I really liked all those details around the production of a tv-show,especially a reality.I really enjoyed knowing all those "dirty" facts that we all suspect but never really even imagine the extends to which some people are ready to go to get famous!
That being said, despite the fact that the details were really well written,and with a good sense of humor,I personally thought that the story was a bit slow at times and heavy on details from Abby's life that didn't really add up to the story.
And just when things started to get interesting, Boom!, story ends!I would really have liked the ending to be a bit more detailed and the juicy part of a romantic story,not to just sum up into two or three chapters.Especially when throughout the rest of the book,the authors didn't really built any romantic tension between their protagonists.Things just pretty much wrapped up in a pretty package,The End.
I'd really love a little bit more, especially since it's a romance title we are talking about.
And speaking of more,I'd also would like to know more about Will...For a protagonist,he really didn't get his share of attention in this book and I just wanted more of him!

But despite the fact that for a romance title,Unscripted is "cleaner" than many YA titles I've read (there was really just a single kiss scene troughout the whole book),and that's not what I was expecting when picking it,it was easily read and really enjoyable in overall!Honestly, I loved it!



*This title was reviewed via NetGalley  


 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I'll have to check this one out it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, but this one is not calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this book... A friend just recommend it to me and said it was awesome.. I have to check it out! LOVE ME SOME REALITY TV!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails