Tuesday 7 February 2012

REVIEW: The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law,#2) by J.A. Saare

The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare

Publication Date:August 23rd 2011
Publisher:Mundania Press
Paperback, 212 pages


Vampires, and werewolves, and demons, oh my.

Rhiannon thought facing off against a deranged child vampire was the most dangerous task she would ever have to undertake, but she’s about to discover making a deal with a demon is far, far worse. Sent forward into another reality, one in which vampires are now dominating nearly extinct humans, she realizes the sooner she returns to her vampire lover, Disco, the better.

Unfortunately, time changes a lot of things; including those most trusted around her. When she’s faced with a loss and betrayal unlike any she has ever known, her focus shifts from severing the debt between the demon that wants to kill her, to exacting a revenge that will bring forth consequences she never could have fathomed. By reaching out to the darkness lingering within her, she’ll find the strength to push forward despite the circumstances that would see her dead and buried.

After all, when it’s all said and done, all that she has left to lose is her soul.

Remember me, having some problems adjusting with the language of Dead, Undead or Somewhere in Between? Well, those problems where non existent in The Renfield Syndrome. I enjoyed so much this novel that I am ever grateful to a certain friend for insisting me to pick up this series. Thank you!

I really don't know how to write this review without containing any spoilers, cause believe me, this book is full of surprises, full of twists and plainly full of awesomeness!
I have a bit of a problem with time travelling books but I can certainly say, that any time travel in Renfield Syndrome didn't bother me at all. J.A. Saare, executed the plot in this book so perfectly and in such a manner, that there was no room for misunderstandings whatsoever. And believe me when I say that I usually avoid any books with time travelling, but Renfield Syndrome is a winner for the very first page.

As soon as I started reading this book, I had a feeling that the story would be devastating, you know that sweet feel of torment you get when you know that the story unfolded before you will make you sad or angry, but you just don't seem able to stop. I don't know how to explain myself correctly, but I just knew, that I wouldn't be happy with where the story was going but I just wasn't able to stop reading.

I won't say anything about what actually happens in Renfield Syndrome, not knowing anything just made me appreciate even more this book, all I'm going to say is that if you liked, even a little bit the first book in the series, you should definitely continue with this one. It's so much better than the first, the character development, the plot, everything makes so much more sense by the end of Renfield Syndrome.

And speaking about the end, surely, I'm still convinced that there are a couple of pages or chapters missing... It can't have ended this way! I'm dying to know what happens next!









1 comment:

  1. lol. I remember wanting the next book at the moment of finishing too. ;D

    Rhiannon is definitely a rough girl, but I love that about her, language and all. lol.

    So glad to see you kept going and loved this book!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails