Wednesday 18 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Scarlet

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My selection for this week is:

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Publication Date: February 14th 2012
Publisher: Walker & Co


Summary from Goodreads:
Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance.

Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

What I think:
The myth of Robin Hood always fascinated me.Scarlet sounds amazing and full of twists and action. It's one of the YA titles of 2012 that I simply can't wait to read.



9 comments:

  1. This book looks so amazing! I can't wait to read it either (:

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin Hood...yay!!! :)) Sounds like a good story :)

    Following now :)

    My Wow is here .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds very cool- I mean, it's Robin Hood!

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! Great pick! I'll have to check it out.
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for this one too! I love the idea of it :) I hope you get to read it soon!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard about this book but what a beautiful cover. Here's my WOW


    Don't forgot to check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna! That book looks awesome! I'm going to add it! :)
    I noticed you fix the comment box for me, thank you!:)

    P.s. Go to my blog, I added you to my blog role under "Terrible Girls" it's totally cute. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it worked, it seemed I only needed to fix just a tiny thing.

      Ps: It really is cute :)Thanks

      Delete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails