Tuesday 24 January 2012

REVIEW: Angelfall (Penryn & The End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Publication Date: May 21st 2011
Publisher: Feral Dream
Kindle Edition, 255 pages




It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

WOW!!!I mean WOW...! I just finished reading Angelfall and I truly can't find the right words to describe my feelings right now. I didn't just enjoy reading this book, I'm not merely ecstatic about it. No, I loved it so much, that I just can't remember when exactly was the last time I fell so in love with a book.Surely, I have really liked other books, but Angelfall is just better. It's among those books that I will re-read again and again and never stop feeling amazed with it!

Susan Ee is an incredible author. The pacing of her story is exploding! As soon as I started reading this book, from the very first page, I just couldn't put it down. I caught myself reading in the middle of the night, thinking that that would be the last chapter I would read for the day, only to immediately start the next one and think again that I would just stop after that... Yeah right!As if that would be possible. The story just screams for your attention from the beginning and even when you reach the end, believe me, you'll just want more. Cause honestly, that ending just kills me.

Angelfall is a post apocalyptic story of a girl who allies with the very enemy to save her sister. And her very enemy is an angel. Cause you see in the world Susan Ee envisioned for her story, angels are the bad guys, who for reasons unclear have attacked all human kind, living behind them a world were people fight each other for supplies, starve to death and even go as far as reach cannibalism. The world of Angelfall is dark, gory but utterly fascinating in its cruelty. The characters are so well developed that the reader can't help but feel close to them and I found myself more than once anxious about what will happen to them.

Believe me, trying to put my thoughts into this review right now is really difficult. I just feel so overwhelmed.
And how could I not feel that way, when there's not a single thing that I didn't like about Angelfall. Honestly, nothing!
Susan Ee, knows exactly how she wants her story to progress, she isn't just going along with the story. She knows how to make her reader understand the way her heroes feel through their actions. The book may not be heavy on the romantic plot but believe me when I say that it's the most emotional read I had in a long time. Some of the scenes in the end of the book just broke my heart.

All in all, all the words in the world won't do justice to the brilliance of Angelfall! Just grab a copy and read it for yourself. You can't possibly regret it!








3 comments:

  1. YAYAYAY! I loved this book as well! So glad you read it! And the ending! ZOMG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending has me sitting on the edge... I just wish that the next book would get published sooner :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book - it was one of my favourites last year! I'm now waiting for the sequel!

    Cleo Rogers Reliable San Antonio Maid Service Texas

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails