Thursday 3 November 2011

REVIEW: Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires,#3) by Chloe Neill


Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill


Publication Date:  October 14th 2010
Publisher: Gollancz
Paperback, 355 pages

Buy via Book Depository



Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.


Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.

Remember me,having minor problems with the previous two books in the Chicagoland series?Well,after having read Twice Bitten;let me tell you,I'm ecstatic about this series!

Granted,I may have found the previous two books a bit slow and heavy on vampire politics analysis but Twice Bitten,is everything I expected this series to be from the beggining!And that is a fast paced,UF series,with just the right amount of romance to spice things up!
From the moment I started reading Twice Bitten I just couldn't put it down.Shiftrs come into the picture and that means further complications but for once,reading about the politics of the situation couldn't bother me or bore me any less.I was sucked into Neill's world and I just didn't want to immerge from it any time soon.

I loved the way Merit's character develops from book to book.I love how Ethan behaves,even if that means that sometimes he's a total jerk...The tension between them is incredible!The way their relationship builts is among the best written I have encountered in a story!

Should I continue?Bottom line,I'm glad I decided to read the books in this series (well apart from the first one) back to back,cause certainly,Twice Bitten is incredible and having all the details fresh in my mind helped me understand the complicated world building a lot easier!
Going to pick Hard Bitten right now!




4 comments:

  1. I only discovered this series 2 weeks ago, and read the 4 of them in as many days! I'm hanging out for Drink Deep now, and it's driving me nuts (have to wait till 10th to get it in Australia, though it released on 1st in the states).

    I get what you mean about the first two books being a bit slow... to me, they seemed to be more about Merit as a person adapting to her stolen mortality, and vampire politics, than the action. A bit like Neill started out with the 'Girl Becomes Vampire' idea, and just kind of wrote from there, rather than having a super-tight plot. Either way, I loved them :D

    And I do love how Ethan acts: true to character. The tension between the two of them? ONG. Have you read Hard Bitten, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap!My review of it will be posted shortly.
    And just don't let me get started about Hard Bitten...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo why do you write a raving review of this book, when I have read bad ones about the latest ones? Now I am on the fence again about starting this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aurian,I honestly understand why the reviews are bad about the 4th book but believe me they are more angry than anything else.Do read this series,just read it when the 6th book is out...Believe me when I say it...Won't elaborate further,huge spoilers ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails