Thursday 20 October 2011

REVIEW: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Publication Date: May 26th 2011
Publisher: Jamie McGuire, LLC
Kindle Edition, 454 pages




The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.


Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Before I started reading Beautiful Disaster,I read a number of reviews describing this book as a kind of drug... Believe me,now that I actually read this book,I can't agree more with those reviewers or find a more accurate and simple description for it myself!

Beautiful Disaster is an amazing,incredible book,that stirs such emotions inside you,that you can't help but feel that you are in a constant emotional roller coaster while reading it.
Jamie McGuire created a pair of main characters whose story will manage to stick to your mind for long after you'll finish reading this book.Abby "Pigeon" is an intricate and well built character,smart,independent and stong minded but with so many flaws on the same time that she feels real,and even if I didn't agree with her decisions or the way she thought the whole time,I understood her and could totally see her as the girl next door.
Travis,God Travis,what can I say about him...?So deeply troubled,so full of himself Travis but so irresistible and down to earth that I couldn't help myself but fall in love with his inner, or not so inner, child!

Apart from the main characters,Jamie McGuire did a splendid job with her secondary ones as well.From Abby's best friend and Travis's cousin,to their families,this book has a set of characters that stay with you,that you can understand them and relate to them,that you can love,cry and hate with them.
As I said,Beautiful Disaster is a constant emotional roller coaster of a book!Abby's and Travis's relationship is built right in front of the reader's eyes,you witness them struggle to get what they want from their life,to built the relationship of their dreams and making the one mistake after the other and the whole time you are with them,eager to see how the story unfolds,how they are going to straighten up every new mess they create!I just loved this book.I loved the way it made me feel and the fact that while I'm writing this review almost two weeks after I finished it,I still remember everything about it clearly!

Beautiful Disaster is an incredible contemporary novel you will either hate or love,there's no compromise about it.This story will either drag you down its path or make you want to bang your head with the protagonists' decisions.Either way,everyone should totally read it!And while I'm at it,thanks to Giota once more for insisting to read this book ASAP!


3 comments:

  1. Great review! This book is so intense. One of my favorite contemporary books of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard from another author that I should read this book and I have been putting it off because it didn't seem like my thing.

    Thanks for your great review, I will probably have to get this book soon to read for myself how amazing it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finished this amazing book...
    Great review!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails