Thursday 30 June 2011

READING: Devil In Winter (Wallflowers,#3) by Lisa Kleypas


Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

Publication Date: March 1st 2006
Publisher: Avon
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages

Order via Book Depository


A devil's bargain


Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vincent with a most outrageous proposition: marriage!


Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden's good name. Still, this bewitching chit appeared, unchaperoned, on his doorstep to offer her hand. Certainly an aristocrat with a fine eye for beauty could do far worse.


But Evie's proposal comes with a condition: no lovemaking after their wedding night. She will never become just another of the dashing libertine's callously discarded broken hearts -- which means Sebastian will simply have to work harder at his seductions...or perhaps surrender his own heart for the very first time in the name of true love.

Devil In Winter is by far my favorite book in The Wallflowers series by Lisa Kleypas and believe me when I say,after reading It Happened One Autumn I felt that it was rather impossible for me to like another book in this series so much...But,the best were waiting for me still!

I have to admit,that after the way the previous book in the series ended and after the way St. Vincent behaved,I was a bit apprehensive in reading a story were he would be the leading man.You see,I was afraid that he couldn't redeem himself for his past actions,thus making it difficult for him to like him...But,not long after I started reading this book,it became apparent that there was absolutely no need for me to be afraid of such a thing!Cause St. Vincent not only managed to redeem himself but he also became one of my favorite male characters in a historical romance novel!The way he treated and cared for Evie was plainly sweet,thoughtfull and incredible,making it just that easy for me to forget and forgive any of his misgivings!

Evie on the other hand gets the full attention in this book,considering it's the one telling her story,and even though in the previous books we didn't get to know much about her,in this book she just didn't stop to amaze me the whole time.Stattering and shy Evie is so much more than that.She's smart and funny and witty and strong minded,qualities that went unnoticed in the previous books.

Anyway,the story is perfect and sweet,and in overall,this book is among the best of the genre I've read up until now!Lisa Kleypas's huge fanbase is well justified believe me.Her books are really good and the romance hot but not cheap as I've encountered elsewhere.Needless to say,I can't wait to pick up not only the next book in this series but anything else written by the writer as well!



3 comments:

  1. Lovely review Anna, Lisa Kleypas is also one of my favourite authors, and I loved this book. But to find all of her books in print will be very hard, I have been looking for the oldest few for a long time (and no, I don't pay outrageous prices for it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series, but it sounds delightful. Thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should read this series. Everyone keeps saying it's great.

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails