Monday 6 December 2010

READING: Storm Born (Dark Swan #1) by Richelle Mead

Storm Born by Richelle Mead

Publication Date: August 1st 2008
Publisher: Zebra
Paperback, 361 pages

Buy it via Book Depository

Just typical. No love life to speak of for months, then all at once, every horny creature in the Otherworld wants to get in your pants...


Eugenie Markham is a powerful shaman who does a brisk trade banishing spirits and fey who cross into the mortal world. Mercenary, yes, but a girl's got to eat. Her most recent case, however, is enough to ruin her appetite. Hired to find a teenager who has been taken to the Otherworld, Eugenie comes face to face with a startling prophecy--one that uncovers dark secrets about her past and claims that Eugenie's first-born will threaten the future of the world as she knows it.


Now Eugenie is a hot target for every ambitious demon and Otherworldy ne'er-do-well, and the ones who don't want to knock her up want her dead. Eugenie handles a Glock as smoothly as she wields a wand, but she needs some formidable allies for a job like this. She finds them in Dorian, a seductive fairy king with a taste for bondage, and Kiyo, a gorgeous shape-shifter who redefines animal attraction. But with enemies growing bolder and time running out, Eugenie realizes that the greatest danger is yet to come, and it lies in the dark powers that are stirring to life within her...

I just love Richelle mead!She's such an amazing and super talented writer and i can't help but just love anything she writes.She has created three unique worlds and three amazing leading cvharacters in her three seperate series and i just enjoy myself equally regardless of which of her series i'm reading.

Storm Born is yet again incredibly good.Mead created a world that immediatelly sucked me in and a leading character that i couldn't help but love.Having read the first book in each of her series i really can't tell whichof the three amazing heroines is my favorite...Maybe Rose...!Eugenie is smart ,witty,sexy and really deadly.She literally kicks ass but isn't cocky at all.On the contrary,she'a a really down to earth character with a healthy sence of fear and she's afraid of other's as well as what her own self is capable of.
The male characters that consist the love triangle of this story are equally good...So good,that i just couldn't pick my favorite,although by the end i had to make a choice and i just leaned towards the faery part...Kiyo and Dorian are both sexy and caring towards Eugenie,but Dorian just held a special appeal to me.Kiyo was too dishonest for my taste no matter what his excuses might be,but still,reading about him was really yummy..Anyway,the love triangle is so nicely drawn that i,at least, just can't tell who Eugenie's final choice will be.And that is what in my mind makes a love triangle succesfull.Not making really obvious who the final choice will be.With Storm Born,you just keep wondering the whole time...
The rest of the surrounding characters are plainly amazing,each of them developed and with his own voice,thus making the story progress even smoother.

I can go on and on forever about how much i liked Storm Born and all the things that amazed me but the truth is that plainly,there's not a single thing i didn't like about it.All i can say is that i totally recommend any book written by Richelle Mead and this one in particular.It's just plainly obvious that Richelle Mead was born to tell stories and make her readers get lost in the worlds she creates.And that for me is what makes a writer's work really succesful.The ability to make his readers dream in the world he?she created! 

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo glad you loved the book as much as I did!
    I am totally in love with Dorian! Especially after reading the second book.

    Right now though, I have my hands on a copy of Last Sacrifice so I best go and fall in love with the boys in that book hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!!!I'm waiting for Last Sacrifice to arrive at my friend and then put my hands on it!I just can't wait!
    And i'm so team Dorian myself!I'll post the Thorn Queen review sometime today!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails