Friday 23 September 2011

REVIEW: Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James


Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Publication Date: March 3rd 2009
Publisher: Berkley
Paperback, 291 pages





When it comes to the laws of attraction, there are no rules The battle between the sexes is about to make these two lawyers hot under the collar. Opposites collide when two lawyers try to make partner at the same firm. Payton Kendall is a feminist to the bone. Cocky J.D. Jameson was born privileged. But when they're asked to join forces on a major case, they gain a newfound awareness of each other's personal assets. The partnership spot will be offered to only one of them, though. The competition heats up. Sparks fly. Let the games begin.


I'll admit it,after reading all 4 published books by Julie James and absolutelly loving the 3 of them,I am a huge fan of the author!Practice Makes Perfect is nothing like James's debut novel Just The Sexiest Man Alive and only gives further indications of how good a romance writer James is!

That being said,Practice Makes Perfect was really good!So good,that while vacationing I just wanted to find time to get back to it!Julie James knows how to create interesting characters and make her readers like them,sympathise with them and wanting to read their HEA.
Payton is independent,as all of the writer's heroines,smart,sassy and strong.She is pretty much like Taylor of her debut novel but while Taylor made me wonder with her attitude,Payton made me like her.J.D. is hot,the kind of guy you can totally drool over and the romance between them,amazing.

What I enjoyed the most in this book,is undeniably all the funny incidents described.From the dialogues between the main couple,to Payton's "accident" with her shoe (or rather its heel...),to,again,Payton's descriptions of her perfect weekend in front of 5 or 6 men,Practice Makes Perfect made me smile!

I strongly recommend Julie James's books to any contemporary romance fans!I just love her books and can't wait for her next one to get published!







3 comments:

  1. Great review, I enjoyed this book so much. Julie James is one of my go to authors for fabulous contemporary romances. She always delivers the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Anna, I promise to read her books someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read a Julia James novel and I like the sound of to attorneys fighting it out. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails