Thursday 14 April 2011

READING: A Lot Like Love by Julie James


A Lot Like Love by Julie James

Publication Date: March 1st 2011
Publisher: Berkley
Mass Market Paperback, 274 pages

Buy via Book Depository



Jordan Rhodes is invited to all of Chicago's best parties, but there's only one the FBI wants to crash. To get her brother out of jail, she agrees to take Agent McCall as her date. But when the mission gets botched, requiring their "relationship" to continue, it starts to feel less like an investigation-and a lot like something else.



A Lot Like Love was amazing!Once more,Julie James delivered a fun and full of suspence story that just grabbed me from the first page and held me there until the last!

This book,as its cover also indicates,is like a sequel to Something  About You.There are different characters,but it's set in the same world,and the previous couple makes some appearances in this story also!And I really liked that,because I was in a familiar setting,with a familiar background!
I have to admit,that I enjoyed a little bit more A Lot Like Love!I don't know exactly why,since the recipe is the same as in the previous book,the romantic plot follows the same pattern and in general,everything follows the steps of Something About You,but somehow,I found this book more fun,the romance better handled and the couple fantastic!

So, I have a thing for FBI agents (damn you Mulder...!),so since the male protagonist was an agent,it would take much to make me dislike him!And Nick,doesn't have a thing I disliked about him!
Jordan on the other hand is a wine enterpreneur and to be honest,I really enjoyed myself while reading all those tidbits about wine!I may not drink wine often,but I always appreciate a good one,and reading all those details about wine tasting just fascinated me!

The dialogues were really funny in most cases,the pace even,and in general,this book appeals to any contemporary romance lover!The fact that there's some suspence in there is just a bonus for me!I always enjoy a romance blooming under innopportunate circumstances!

Anyway,Julie James once more managed to deliver a fun and totally entertaining story making me looking forward to reading her next book,when available!




3 comments:

  1. Great review! I have not heard of this book but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When looking at this book I felt a sense of deja vu. She has a similar cover for a different book, different dress color. I'll add this one to my wishlist along with the other one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,it's like a sequel (for lack of a better word...)It's set in the same world but with different characters.It more or less follows the same patterns and i found it even better than the previous!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails