Tuesday 29 November 2011

EARLY REVIEW: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Publication Date: December 1st 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Paperback, 288 pages

Buy via Book Depository


What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.


I really enjoyed reading Catching Jordan!It was a fun,quick paced and enjoyable read by a debut author whose work I will track from now on!

I just have a thing for contemporary romance that evolves around sports,especially since I read The Chicago Syars series by Susan Elizabeth Philips,and Catching Jordan just seemed like the YA version of it.Well, I know that can't actually happen,but that was how I had it in my mind!And for the better part of this book,I really enjoyed myself!

The characters were well developed and interesting and the plot fast paced.There wasn't just a single moment where I got bored while reading Catching Jordan!
I loved how Jordan acted so much like a boy, how she managed to stand out in a room full of overpowering boys and make them not just obey her as a captain but actually respect her!I really enjoyed her relationship with her teammates and the brotherly affection they shared.

Also, Catching Jordan has some of the funniest scenes I have ever read in a book.The whole playing family thing,with Henry and Jordan getting assigned a robot baby to take care just cracked me up!Seriously I was laughing so loudly my fiance was looking at me like some crazy person...Needless to say that was my favorite scene.

All in all, Catching Jordan was a really enjoyable read,despite the fact that I found some crucial parts were being a bit rushed,like how quickly Jordan progressed her relationship with Ty, despite her reservations... But in overall, Catching Jordan really worths your time!




*This title was reviewed via NetGalley  



3 comments:

  1. Nice review Anna. I am glad you enjoyed the book, but it is not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this book. I enjoyed it so much! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Jordan is a book that sneaked up on me. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. I was prepared for a bit of cheesiness with a side of fluff, but Catching Jordan is a lot more. I'll be checking out more of Kenneally's books for sure.

    Penelope
    click here

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails