Thursday 6 October 2011

REVIEW: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Publication Date: September 27th 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown&Company
Hardcover, 432 pages

Buy via Book Depository


Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.


In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.


And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.


Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.


When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?


Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a totally unigue,wonderfully different and unlike any other book I've come across so far or having ever imagined I would read!

First of all,I have to admit that I didn't even knew the existence of this book until the day I met Giota from A Story Untold and asked her what did you just finished reading.That's when I first heard of this book,and since Giota liked it so much that she was in total loss of words to describe it,I just knew I had to read it!After all,all her book suggestions are wonderful (Thank you so much for that!).So,that's how I came across this book and believe me,I couldn't me more glad for picking it up!

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is magical!It's a modern fairy tale,but not quite,a fantasy novel,but so much more than that,it's the kind of book everyone should read,just for the brilliance of Laini Taylor's writing if nothing more!This book,is everything a YA fantasy or paranormal novel should be,and yes!,even more!
Laini Taylor's writing style isn't just brilliant...It's amazingly brilliant!The way the story flows,the way things unravel,the mysteries that are hidden so well,and reveiled in such a magical way.This book is the story of how love can change everything,of how hope can be the buoy that saves many or just a single soul and of how a single act of kindness may even change and alter years of prejudice or hate.This story although fantastical through and through rings so true and to date that chilled me.After all,the fantastical element of the story was so well interwoven with our modern world that the transition from one world to the other wasn't just smooth,it was actually something you expected and didn't even realize it until the right moment.

I won't say anything about the actual story.Having not known anything about it made it all that better for me,even if in the first chapters I was totally lost.Believe me,everything isn't only explained,it just comes natural...!
If you seek for a trully well written and unique story,Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a book you shouldn't miss for the world!I loved every single page of this book!





3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. For some reason, I could not get into it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and am so excited about reading it as I have heard nothing but praise for it. TGIF, which means two whole day s of uninterrupted reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anna, such a passionate review certainly puts the book on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails