Tuesday 31 May 2011

READING: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey,#3) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Publication Date: January 25th 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Paperback, 358 pages

Buy via Book Depository




My name is Meghan Chase.


I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.


This time, there will be no turning back.


Iron Queen,is plainly amazing!A just wonderful addition to the Iron Fey series,that shows that Julie Kagawa can do wonders with her stories!

We follow Meghan this time through her attempt to save the Nevernever and restore her life and that of those she loves to their previous state.Needless to say,I adored Ash in this book!Surely,I do loved him in the previous books also,but somehow in this one I loved him even more!Meghan's character develops even further.She grows even stronger and shows the independent nature of her character fully in Iron Queen.I really loved the way she progressed from the first book in this series until this one,but even so,in some moments I felt that what she did was a bit overstretched.It's one thing to grow stronger and be able to defend yourself after a short period of practice,but what I witnessed in some parts of this book with Meghan being able to fight as a pro,was a bit overstretched for me.But still,I really liked both the story and Meghan's development whatsoever!

Ash and Meghan's love story is as sweet as ever and the plot is even paced and action full as were all the previous books in the series as well!This book is also more emotional than the previous.The ending is just amazing!The choices all the characters had to made,and the decisions they took about their future,just promises an exciting 4th book to come.In general,Iron Queen just doesn't disappoint in any way!The writing style is amazing and just everything works in the best advantage of the story!

All in all,once more I got lost in the magical world that Julie Kagawa created and I can't wait for the next book to come!The fact that it's being written from Ash's point of view,just makes me that much eager to read it!



1 comment:

  1. Great review! Summer Crossing the short story comes out tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails