Tuesday 19 April 2011

READING: Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires,#3) by Rachel Caine


Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Publication Date: October 2nd 2007
Publisher: NAL Jam
Mass Market Paperback, 248 pages

Buy via Book Depository



Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.



Morganville Vampires series is just plainly amazing!Whenever I feel that I don't know what to pick to read next or I'm just in a row of picking books I didn't like and need something good to break the bad luck,I just know what to pick next...Cause either way you see it,Rachel Caine managed to create a world full of suspence,so well written and with so good characters,that you can help but get sucked in that world.

Midnight Alley picks up exactly where The Dead Girl's Dance leaves us,with Claire pleadging herself in the service of Amelie,a contract whose consequences Claire will have to deal in this book, from revealing her secret to her friends and boyfriend,to put her life in immediate danger from Amelie's requests.Cause in Morganville everything comes at a price.
In this book we get to know more and more about the vampire structure of this society plus things that explain questionmarks from the previous books and raise a whole more questions in return.

Caine's world is tighlty woven,and from what it seems everything has its meaning that will get explained in future books.I love the way from the moment I start reading those books,I just can't find a reason good enough for me to stop...Whether it happens something crucial or just things progress,the pace of those books is so fast,that grab the reader's interest and keep him hooked and in the edge of the seat until the last page!

Up until now,Midnight Alley is my favorite book in this series,mostly because of the revellations made here about the vampires and the development in Claire's character.

I just can't wait for the next book and to be honest,I really want to see things between Shane and Claire progrees a bit more!I'm loving the way their relationship moves from book to book and I can't wait to see more of them!Plus Michael and Eve are a good addition!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails