Friday 3 September 2010

READING: Angel Star (Angel Star,#1) by Jennifer Murgia


Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Publication Date: May 18th 2010
Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing LLC
Paperback, 251 pages

Buy via Book Depository


 
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand - the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.


I must admit it!I first noticed this book because of it's beautiful cover!Then i read the summary,saw that it was a story of angels and knew i had to read it immediately!Fortunately,the cover wasn't misleading and the book itself was better than its cover!

I have a thing for stories with angels so i have read a number of books that involve them but Angel Star is one of my favourite.I really enjoyed the writing style,it was so detailed that i actually could picture myself almost everything.And the romance... was just wonderful...Although the heroine falls for the cute guy immediately (something i'm not a big fan of in most books) here i didn't seem to mind it.The way Murgia described how Teagan felt about Garreth made me actually remember a bit the way i felt for my first teenage crush!

I loved Teagan,she was your typical teenager,with all the insecurities of that age,but when the time came she managed to rise above the occasion and do what she had to.I also loved the fact that by the end,Teagan was not the good girl that had no dark side or temptations and she actually akwnoledged that and had to fight with her inner desires.Somehow this fact made her a more believable character.
I also loved Hadrian... He was the kind of  bad guy you love to hate!But my favourite character in this book might as well be Claire!Although her part in this story wasn't that big she was a wonderful side character i really enjoyed reading about.

The plot was fast paced,always something happening and even when i thought that at last everything was settled,once more everything turned upside down.It was a book full of surprises,and a really promising debut novel!I can't wait for the sequel! 



3 comments:

  1. ooh, i really want to read this!! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!And you should definitely read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I found you indirectly through the Friday Blog Hop and dropped in to say hello and look around. I love your blog Title. It's really great.
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails