Monday 19 July 2010

READING: The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth,#1) by Carrie Ryan

In Mary's world there are simple truths.

The Sisterhood always knows best.
The Guardians will protect and serve.
The Unconsecrated will never relent.
And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future-between the one she loves and the one who loves her.

And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?
 



I couldn't really make up my mind about this book... I was really looking forward to reading this book and i had really high expectations of it and maybe that was why i was so disappointed.It really wasn't that bad,i kept turning the pages and wanted to know how it ebded,but there were many things that bothered me,and first of all the constant internal mumbling of the main heroine...I mean if she really thought so much the same things over and over again the whole time her head would expload!And i couldn't really understand why nothing was good enough for her in the end of the story.Was her dream enough of a reason to sacrifice all and everyone in the end?An ending,which not only disappointed me but actually frustrated me.

I couldn't care less about Mary,or the other characters in the book.Their actions were not justified or logical and i thought that at times some of their problems were the result of their own actions and not due to the critical circumstances they lived in. Last but not least,another thing that bothered me was that i hadn't enough details to visualise not a single character in the book.I mean the descriptions of the scenery and the surroundings were amazing and at times really detailed but why not spare some more details about how the protagonists looked like.

In overall, this book was a huge disappointment for me,and although it did create a nice atmosphere and the writing was fairly good,it failed to catch my interest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry it wasn't your cup of tea! I really loved this book. I agree that Mary is harsh around the edges but I think it has to do with the world she grew up in and I just loved the way Carrie Ryan portrayed that dystopian universe. But not every book is for every person, right? And I enjoyed your review, even though we felt differently about the book. Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails